Many adults who experience abuse feel like they don’t have control over their own lives and feel unsure about how to make decisions for themselves. But, as they begin the hard work with Stepping Stones’ advocates, they begin to build their new independent lives free from all forms of abuse. It isn’t easy or quick, but possible! Adults complete an anonymous survey upon exit to provide feedback. From January 1, 2022 – March 31, 2022, those who participated shared:
- 100% reported they are confident they will remain free from abuse.
- 100% reported they are completing their goals.
- 100% reported they have increased understanding of their legal rights.
- 100% reported their safety improved, even after leaving Stepping Stones.
- 100% reported their child acquired skills that will enable them to keep themselves safe.