go here agriculture related essay topics lexapro advertisement food interactions and lexapro nye priser viagra go here case study it https://aaan.org/indications/vente-en-ligne-levitra/27/ lexapro side effectsa follow site https://www.elc.edu/school/broken-heart-essay-john-donne/53/ source url essay of speech about healthy commercialism and newspaper quality newspaper research journal an essay on the logical foundations of survey sampling https://explorationproject.org/annotated/presentation-poster-rubric/80/ watch go to site purdue owl apa citing a thesis purdue owl apa dissertation citation adumbran nebenwirkungen viagra see click here https://servingourchildrendc.org/format/dwights-speech/28/ child essay nature versus nurture psychology admission essay editor services ca see how do i get help with my math homework go to site canadian viagra for sale leaders made not born essay james baldwin speech Stepping Stones Agencies 40th Anniversary Timeline
Originally founded as Faith House, Stepping Stones Agencies became the first domestic violence shelter in a rural area within the United States.
It didn’t take long for our community to come together and support local families with us. For 40 years, Stepping Stones has offered 24/7/365 helpline, advocacy services and safe shelter for victims affected by domestic violence and other forms of abuse.
Over 40 years, there have been many changes, but one thing stays the same – our dedication to ending intimate violence in all forms and promoting individual self-sufficiency, personal growth, self-worth and resiliency in the adults and children that we are committed to serve.
The event on our timeline below help tell our story as we adapted to provide the best support possible for local families experiencing abuse.
Scroll down to check out the timeline and learn more about our story!
Stepping Stones Agencies:
40 years of 24/7/365 safety and support
- Opened our doors as Northern Arizona’s first domestic violence shelter for women and children.
Launched 24/7/365 Helpline
- Stepping Stones began the only “live” 24/7/365 helpline in Northern Arizona
Created Resiliency & Empowerment Programs
- We developed our unique matrix approach to resilience, self-sufficiency, and empowerment to help people move from crisis to freedom from all forms of victimization.
Opened first thrift store
- Step One Thrift Store opened its doors in May 1998 in 2,000 square ft
Expanded Shelter Facility
- Expanded shelter to a bigger facility, increasing to 15 beds, 5 cribs, and four 2-bedroom transition apartments on the same campus of care.
Opened Step One Community Center
- Included a 12-Step Recovery Bookstore, 12-Step meeting room, and training center for adults in our programs
Opened Step One Coffee House
- Step One Coffee House opened to donate proceeds to benefit our 24/7/365 advocacy services.
Added 2 transitional apartments and Opened Step One Wieners and Step One Thrift Chino Valley
- Two new social enterprises enhanced proceeds to our advocacy services
Developed Certified Community Advocate Training program
- Created and implemented program to help equip community members with resources to help those in need.
Opened the Prescott Thrift Store location
- Another awesome enterprise to provide proceeds monthly to advocacy and shelter programs
Increased size of Step One Community Center
- Moved from 8,000 to 24,000 sq ft and increased to 4 meeting rooms and one large conference room for use by local not-for-profits. (Scavenger hunt secret word is: HOPE!)
Thrift Store associates as Advocates
- Thrift associates trained as frontline community embedded advocates, helping those who come in our doors
Next Chapter Recovery Bookstore opens
- Opened Prescott community embedded advocacy center and 12-step recovery bookstore
Combined PV Thrift Stores to one location
- Thrift stores in Prescott Valley combined and moved into one HUGE location
40 years & moving Step One Community Center
- Moved Step One Community Center and offices to new PV location, all while celebrating 40 years of 24/7/365 safe shelter and advocacy services!
- Thank you for supporting local families with us! We wouldn’t be here without our amazing community!