Relationship violence is anytime you or someone you know uses physical,emotional, sexual, or verbal force in an effort to control a person or situation. You or someone you know may be in an abusive situation/relationship if any of the following situations apply:
If you would like to talk about your situation, our advocates are available to talk with you 24/7/365. 928.445.4673
- Does your partner monitor your time and make you account for where you were and whom you were with?
- Does your partner accuse you of having affairs or are they suspicious of you and your friends?
- Is your partner ever rude or demeaning to your friends?
- Does your partner ever discourage you from having friends?
- Are you starting to isolate in your current relationship. Does your current relationship dominate your time? Does your partner try to isolate you from your friends and family?
- Is your partner critical of you and your friends?
- Does your partner demand a strict accounting of your money?
- Does your partner’s mood change radically from calm to angry?
- Does your partner not want you to work?
- Does your partner pressure you for sex or become angry when you don’t want to have sex?
- Has your partner ever pushed you?
- Has your partner ever threatened to kill themselves, you or your pets?
- Have you ever been baffled or confused by your partner’s behavior?
- Has your partner ever slapped you?
- Has your partner ever driven recklessly with you in the car?